• bestofcluj.png
  • clujuldelanganoi.png
  • gradinabotanica.png
  • muzee.png
  • parcetnografic.png

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Monumente_arhitectonice/PalatulJÓSIKA/{/gallery}

Near the Rhédey Palace there is the Jósika Palace, also known as the "the House with Feet". The palace was built on the former Cluj residence of the Transylvanian princes.
On the site of the palace, before the aforementioned palace, there was the Kakas House, which was the shelter of the Transylvanian princes in the 16th century.

Read more: The Josika Palace

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Monumente_arhitectonice/PalatulRhedey/{/gallery}

In the Unirii Square, at the intersection with Street Napoca, the Rhédey Palace bears the name of the family who bought it in the early 18th century.
Around 1500, on the site of the present Rhédey palace, there were four houses belonging to Cluj patricians. The Rhédey Palace was built on the site of those houses in an eclectic style.

Read more: The Rhedey Palace

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Monumente_arhitectonice/PalateleStatusului/{/gallery}

Built during the systematization of the city and the refurbishing of the central square, the twin buildings mark the access to the current Iuliu Maniu Street, also known as The Mirror Street because of the symmetrical display.

Read more: The Roman Catholic Palaces

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Monumente_arhitectonice/Parohiaromanocatolica/{/gallery}

Built in the mid-fifteenth century, the building of the Roman Catholic Parish has fulfilled various roles in the course of time.
It housed the first Unitarian College and hosted the Emperor Joseph the Second when passing through the city of Cluj. During the communist period - due to its central location - the building of the parish was one of the premises of Securitate [the Secret police agency of Communist Romania].

Read more: Saint Michael Roman Catholic Parish

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Monumente_arhitectonice/CasaConsiliului/{/gallery}

Recorded since 1537, the building known as the Council House (as city's notables would carry out their activity here) was located on the site of the former town hall.
Throughout history, it was destroyed and rebuilt several times. The first reconstruction took place in 1650 in Renaissance style, on its frontispiece there are placed the seven royal blazons of the free cities in Transylvania. Alongside these, there were carved over 50 maxims and proverbs in Latin, forming a code of civil behavior. The building also had a bell tower, signaling public executions.

Read more: The Council House

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Monumente_arhitectonice/Urania_Astoria_Metropol/{/gallery}

Where Horea Street and Dacia Street cross each other, they say that there used to be a blacksmith's workshop. This blacksmith turned his yard into a movie theater. In 1910, it was on this site that András Udvardi built Urania Palace, which housed a modern 400-seat movie theater, 10 stores and 17 apartments. The building, in the Austrian secession style, was designed by architect Géza Kappeter.

Read more: Urania. Astoria. Metropol

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Monumente_arhitectonice/Eroilor/{/gallery}

Eroilor Boulevard is one of the most important arteries in Cluj-Napoca. From the late nineteenth century until 1919 was called Deak Ferenc utca, in translation "Deák Ferenc street." Between the two world wars it was called the Queen Mary Street, while under communists bear the name Dr. Petru Groza Street.

Read more: Eroilor Pedestrian Area

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Monumente_arhitectonice/Potaissa/{/gallery}

The second medieval fortress on Potaissa street was constructed in the 15th century, after 1405, when the city received the rank of Free Imperial City and the right to build defense walls and towers.

Read more: Pedestrian areas: Potaissa, Napoca and Universitatii

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice

Publicatii

publicatii03