• bestofcluj.png
  • clujuldelanganoi.png
  • gradinabotanica.png
  • muzee.png
  • parcetnografic.png


The current Unirii Square from Cluj formed the core of the medieval city, clustered around the Church of St. Michael. The medieval city walls delimit the historic city center. The square is the largest in size (about 220m/160m) from the old squares in central and south-eastern Europe. There are bigger squares, but they were formed much later.

Read more: The Union Square

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice


On the western part of the old city walls, guarded by three bastions and gates, this square was initially a marketplace, which was going to be moved to the central square. Eventually, the marketplace was moved closer to the railroad, in the current location of Mihai Viteazul square. Thus, at the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century the walls and gates of the city were demolished, and a small park was arranged in this square.

Read more: Avram Iancu Square

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice


The « Babes-Bolyai » University (1, Mihail Kogalniceanu Street)
Its history dates from 1567, when prince Ioan Sigismund established an Academy of Studies in Sebes-Alba. In 1581, Stefan Bathory founded a college in Cluj, under the control of the Jesuits, which was annulled later on. The Protestants, the Unitarians, the Calvinists and the Catholics established, one by one, other colleges. In 1776, the Empress Maria Teresa established in Cluj a German university which was replaced afterwards by the famous Piarist High school, with classes in Latin.

Read more: The « Babes-Bolyai » University

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice


Continental Hotel (New York), in the southwestern corner of Union Square (Főtér / Piaţa Centrală by the old names), was built at the end of the 19th century, on the site of the old Nemzeti (National) Hotel.

Read more: Continental Hotel

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice


The name of the cemetery seems to have derived either from the name of the Saxon family Hazinschart, who owned the land that was turned into a cemetery during an epidemic outburst, or from the name of the garden where it was built – Hasengarten (Garden of Hares), or Haselgarten (Hazelnut Garden).

Read more: The Central Cemetery

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice


The Mint House (4, Emile Zola Street)

Read more: The Mint House

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice


Cluj-Napoca City Hall (1-3, Motilor Street)

Read more: Cluj-Napoca City Hall

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice


Cluj County Prefect's Headquarter (58, December 21st 1989 Boulevard)

Read more: Cluj County Prefect's Headquarter

Category: EN Monumente arhitectonice