• bestofcluj.png
  • clujuldelanganoi.png
  • gradinabotanica.png
  • muzee.png
  • parcetnografic.png

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Biserici/Catedrala_Mitropolitana_Ortodoxa/{/gallery}

The Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral (Avram Iancu Square) – Romanian Orthodox Mitropoly of Cluj, Alba, Crisana, Maramures. Archiepiscopate of Vad, Feleac and Cluj (18 Avram Iancu Square).
It was built between 1923-1933, according to the plans of the architects Constantin Pompoiu and George Cristinel, representing the Romanian stylistic current. It is one of the most important religious buildings from Cluj Napoca municipality.

Read more: The Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral

Category: EN Biserici Istorice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Biserici/Catolica_Franciscana/{/gallery}

The Franciscan Church in Cluj-Napoca (2, Muzeului Square) is one of the oldest and most significant buildings of the city. Initially, it was the first Roman Catholic Church in Cluj, built in 11th – 12th centuries, destroyed during the first invasion of the Tatars (1241). After its destruction, the place was rebuilt during 1260-1290 in a Romanesque style church, later recast in the 15th century in Gothic style.

Read more: The Franciscan Monastery and Church

Category: EN Biserici Istorice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Biserici/Sfantul_Mihail/{/gallery}

The Roman Catholic "Saint Michael" Church (Unirii Square), a great historical and religious architecture monument is one of the most imposing gothic edifice from our country. It was built approximately between 1350 and 1480, being the first hall church from Transylvania.

Read more: The Roman Catholic „Saint Michael” Church

Category: EN Biserici Istorice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Biserici/Reformata_strada_Lupului/{/gallery}

The Reformed Church, on Strada Lupului (the Wolf Street), is a late gothic historical monument of religious architecture. The church was built in many stages, as a monastery for the Minorite – Franciscan monks, promted and suported by king Matia Corvinul, begining with the second half of the 15th century.

Read more: The Reformed Church

Category: EN Biserici Istorice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Biserici/Piaristilor/{/gallery}

The Roman Catholic Church of the Piarists (5, Universitatii Street), known as the Church of the Jesuits or the Church of the University, has as patron the Saint Trinity, and was built during 1718-1724 as an ecclesiastical building of Transylvania after the Protestant Reform. The church has three side chapels and an elongate choir and was built in large Baroque style.

Read more: The Church of the Piarists

Category: EN Biserici Istorice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Biserici/Schimbarea_la _Fata/{/gallery}

Formerly known as Church of the Minorits (Roman Catholic Church of the Franciscan Order of the Minorits - 10, Eroilor Boulevard), the construction was donated to the Romanian Church Unified with Rome (Greek Catholic) in 1924 by Vatican to serve as cathedral of the Greek Catholic Diocese of Cluj -Gherla, when moving the seat of bishopric from Gherla to Cluj.

Read more: The Greek Catholic Cathedral "The Transfiguration”

Category: EN Biserici Istorice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Biserici/Bob/{/gallery}

The "Bob" Church, with the patron "Ascension of the Lord" is the first Greek-Catholic church built in Cluj and the oldest Romanian church in the city.

Read more: The „Bob” Church

Category: EN Biserici Istorice

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Biserici/Luterana_Sinodo_Prezbiteriana/{/gallery}

The Evangelical-Lutheran Church in Cluj-Napoca was built during 1816-1829 according to the plans of the architect Georg Winkler, and harmoniously combines elements of baroque and neoclassic style.

Read more: The Evangelical Church

Category: EN Biserici Istorice

Publicatii

publicatii03