• bestofcluj.png
  • clujuldelanganoi.png
  • gradinabotanica.png
  • muzee.png
  • parcetnografic.png

The first meeting in freedom of the former political prisoners in Cluj County was held in December 29, 1989, in order to constitute the league of those who went through the hell of prisons or fought with a gun in their hands against communism in the name of freedom. Over the next 20 years, AFDPR - Cluj Branch made a number of monuments in the memory of the former prisoners:

Read more: The Museum of the Association of Former Political Prisoners in Romania

TREASURE HOUSE OF ANCIENT ROMANIAN ART
{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Muzee/MuzeulMitropoliei/{/gallery}

The beginnings of the Eparchial Museum date from 1924, under the leadership of Bishop Nicolae Ivan, but some halls of the second floor of the Episcopal residence are open to the public only in 1938. In 1975 the museum was rearranged and opened to the public at the second floor of the Orthodox Archiepiscopal Residence of Cluj. The Patrimony of the museum has continuously been enriched with a great number of icons, old prints, documents and sacred objects. Nowadays it represents one of the most important ancient art collections in Romania.

Read more: THE MUSEUM OF THE ORTHODOX METROPOLITAN OF CLUJ

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Muzee/MuzeulNationaldeIstorieaTransilvaniei /{/gallery}

The museum has its headquarters in an architectural monument of the 19th century - The Petrichevich-Horvath Daniel House (Petrichevich was a patron of the arts and literature) which was built in neoclassic style.
The museum has been open to the public since 1937, putting forward one of the largest and most well organized sections of antique history in the country, a valuable collection of paintings, a ceramics collection from medieval and modern times, a medieval terse and an ethnographic collection.

Read more: The National History Museum of Transylvania

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Muzee/MuzeuldeArtaClujNapoca/{/gallery}

The Art Museum of Cluj-Napoca is a public institution of culture whose mission is to preserve, research and put forward the real and virtual patrimony of Romanian and universal art. With a collection of over 12,000 paintings, sculptures, graphic arts and decorative pieces, it is considered one of the most important museums in Romania.

Read more: The Art Museum of Cluj-Napoca

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Muzee/ColectiadeIstorieaFarmaciei/{/gallery}

The Pharmacy History Collection can be found in the oldest pharmacy building of Cluj-Napoca, named "La Sfântul Gheorghe", also known as the Hintz pharmacy, dating back to 1573.
The museum opened in 1954; later, in 1963, the Pharmacy Museum changed its name in The Pharmacy History Collection, under the National History Museum of Transylvania.

Read more: The Pharmacy History Collection

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Muzee/MuzeulEtnograficalTransilvaniei/{/gallery}

Founded in 1922 by professor Romulus Voia, the Etnographic Museum of Transylvania entered the elite of the Romanian etnographic museums, due to the exceptional quality of its patrimony.It is currently composed of over 41.000 traditional peasant objects from 17th-20th centuries and a documentary fund of over 80.000 items.

Read more: The Ethnographic Museum of Transylvania

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Muzee/ParculNationalEtnograficRomulusVuia/{/gallery}

The National Ethnographic Vuia, established in 1929, bears the name of its founder and first museum manager, Professor Romulus Vuia.
The exhibited pieces are in fact old traditional buildings, grouped according to their regional establishments, folk architecture monuments, folk installations, craftsman workshops, wells, gateways, big wooden crosses and indoor textiles.

Read more: The „Romulus Vuia” National Ethnographic Park

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Muzee/MuzeuldeSpeologieEmilRacovita/{/gallery}

The "Emil Racoviţă" Speleology Museum was established in 1998, and it is the only museum in Romania dedicated to the scientist Emil Racoviţă and to the cave science. Emil Racoviţă is the founder of biospeleology and of the first Speleology institute in the world, which was opened in Cluj-Napoca in 1920. The results of the biospeleology program initiated by E. Racoviţă were exceptional: 1,200 explored caves throughout Europe and Africa, a collection of 50,000 copies of cave fauna, 66 scientific studies adding up to approximately 6,000 pages. Racoviţă reached the peak of his scientific career when he elaborated an original theory regarding the evolution.

Read more: The “Emil Racovita” Speleology Museum

Publicatii

publicatii03