sigle header1

  • bestofcluj.png
  • clujuldelanganoi.png
  • gradinabotanica.png
  • muzee.png
  • parcetnografic.png

The monument of Avram Iancu

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Grupuri_statuare/avram_iancu/{/gallery}

The Monument of Avram Iancu (1824-1872) (Avram Iancu Square), the leader of the Revolution of Romanians in Transylvania in 1848-1849 (sculpted by Ilie Berindei).

Read more: The monument of Avram Iancu

Matia Corvin's Equestrian Statue

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Grupuri_statuare/Matia_Corvin2{/gallery}

Matia Corvin's Equestrian Statue (Unirii Square)

Read more: Matia Corvin's Equestrian Statue

Lupa Capitolina

{gallery}/Atractii_turistice/Grupuri_statuare/Lupa_Capitolina/{/gallery}

Lupa Capitolina (Eroilor Boulevard, pedestrian area)
It is a staunch copy of Lupa Capitolina from Rome and it was given in 1921 by the municipality of Rome to the town of Cluj as a symbol of the Romania's Latinity. A bas-relief (by sculptor Ettore Ferrari 1849-1930) was added to the monument, representing the Emperor Traian, and the inscription ALLA CITTÀ DI CLVJ, ROMA MADRE, MCMXXI.

Read more: Lupa Capitolina

The Statue of „Saint George Killing the Dragon”

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Grupuri_statuare/Statuia_Sfantul_Gheorghe{/gallery}

The Statue of „Saint George Killing the Dragon" (Mihail Kogalniceanu Street)
The original statue was made from bronze in 1373 by the local sculptors Martin and Gheorghe, the sons of the painter Nicolae from Cluj, and is the first public equestrian statue of Early Renaissance. King Carol the 4th of Bohemia ordered the statue, nowadays being located in the Royal Palace of Prague.

Read more: The Statue of „Saint George Killing the Dragon”

The “Carolina” Obelisk

{gallery}Atractii_turistice/Grupuri_statuare/Obeliscul_Carolina/{/gallery}

The "Carolina" Obelisk (The Museum Square) is the oldest lay monument of the city. The statue is a commemorative column, set up to commemorate the visit of the Emperor Francis the First and his wife Carolina Augusta, between 18th and 27th of August 1817. The Emperor attended the ceremony, celebrating the Day of Saint Stephan, (August 20th), chaired the meeting and visited the City Hospital.

Read more: The “Carolina” Obelisk

Publicatii

publicatii03